Winter is here and that means the soups are coming out in full force once more and I love it!!
This recipe is one of my favourite soups and is a dish I usually whip out at my Winter Warmer Retreat as it always goes down well!
Vegan, full of flavour and goodness, there is nothing not to love.
Serves: 6 – 8
Cooking / Prep Time: 1 hour
- 4 – 5 Carrots
- 1 Potato
- 2 Leeks (finely sliced)
- 1 Onion (finely sliced)
- 1 can of Coconut Milk
- 2 Garlic Coves
- 2 Birdseye Chilli’s
- 1tsp Turmeric
- 2 tsp Paprika
- 100ml Vegetable Stock
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- Handful of coriander
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Cut the carrots and potato into 2cm cubes and toss them together with the spices and coconut oil in a baking try. Place them in the oven to cook for 20 – 30 minutes or until slightly soft.
- Meanwhile, slowly sweat the onions and leeks in a large pan until the onions are translucent and the leeks are soft.
- Add the chilis, carrots, potatoes, coconut milk and stock to the pan and simmer for 10-15minutes.
- Once the carrots and potatoes are soft, blend using a hand blender or food processor before serving.
- Garnish with the coriander.
Let me know how you get on!